Provide a Meal
Caring House is a home-away-from-home for up to eighteen Duke patients and their caregivers. Our guests need and look forward to a well-balanced meal after a long day at the clinic or hospital.
Now, more than ever, WE NEED YOUR HELP. Our goal is to provide dinner every weeknight (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) to our families. Groups (10 people or less) or individuals cooking in our kitchen should bring all ingredients with them. They are invited to stay and share the meal if they would like to, but it is not necessary.
Please plan to cook for approximately 25-30 people. You may check with the Operations Manager 1-2 days prior for a specific estimate based on current occupancy.
Potluck/casserole supper, make-your-own pizzas, Mexican, Chinese, Italian, Bar-B-Que, chili, turkey/ham dinner, soup, salad and sandwiches, pancake breakfast, pizza delivery or other takeout options, or holiday meals are all greatly appreciated.
- Customary serving time for dinner is 5:30 pm.
- Eating utensils, plates, napkins, cups are provided.
- Providing drinks is optional.
- Groups are welcome to use our kitchen, but we ask that they clean up afterwards.
- Cooks on-site or off-site must wash hands prior to preparing or serving food.
- For additional food preparation guidelines, contact Kelly Mulhern, Operations Manager, at (919) 490-5449 or email@example.com.