Founded in 1992, Caring House provides comfortable, supportive, and affordable housing to Duke Cancer Institute adult outpatients and their caregivers. It is a 12,900 square foot home that has 18 private rooms, each with a private bath, phone, television, and DVD player.
Caring House Quick Facts:
- Average length of stay for a guest: 4-6 weeks
- Cost per night per room for guests: $35 (Actual cost per night per room at Caring House: $82. All rooms are subsidized by at least 60%.)
- Room amenities: 18 guest rooms are equipped with cable TV, DVD player, linens, telephone, wireless internet
- Common areas include: fully-equipped kitchen, great room, library, exercise equipment, dining room, screened porch, healing garden, patio and water garden
- Activities available for no additional cost to guests: healing arts programs, specialty massage, and music therapy, yoga, and more!
While it is difficult to quantify the benefit of a stay at Caring House to our guests, we consistently hear from physicians, social workers and, most importantly, from our guests that their time at Caring House was integral to their mental, physical and emotional well-being during their cancer treatments. We are pleased to be a part of the world-class continuum of care offered at Duke Cancer Institute and look forward to many more years of service to our guests.
View photos and learn more about Caring House